Why is Staging Important?
Staging is a key component to preparing your home to sell. A staged, decorative home allows potential buyers to envision the space in a neutral and modern setting. Simple staging tips can define the space and may help your home sell quickly.
Some staging tips below that can improve the look of your home:
- Use your furniture wisely. Proper furniture placement allows a room to show well. Whether it's moving a couch, putting up a picture or adding some accessories, try to maintain an open concept feel and look.
- Size matters. Don't put too many bulky items in one room. Allow enough space for pedestrian traffic. Don't place a small picture on a large wall.
- Add accessories. Want a chic look? Add some modern paintings or sculptures. To keep your costs low, purchase a modern poster and buy an inexpensive but unique frame from your local department store.
- Add a touch of colour. You can add a fresh coat of paint to liven up a room or add some fruit bowls or drapery with complementary colours.
- Depersonalize your space. Take down multiple family photos, diplomas or certificates. Keep your home neutral, so buyers can envision themselves living in your home.
Need more information? Please call or email me if you have any questions or if I can assist you with any of your real estate needs. I would be happy to help.