The Art of Curb Appeal
Thinking of listing your home for sale? You’ll need to organize your home from the inside out. In many cases, potential buyers may not book an appointment, if the outside of the home is untidy or in bad shape. There are some simple steps to enhance your curb appeal. Remember you only get one chance to make a first impression.
10 tips to organize your home - on the outside:
- Clear all debris. Look around the outside perimeter and throw out old items. Clean out eaves troughs and caulk exterior doors and windows.
- Store all unused items. If you have patio furniture or outdoor tools not in use, store them in a garden shed or garage.
- Keep your lawn well manicured. Keep your grass, trees and shrubs trimmed and lawn free from weeds.
- Clean your deck. Sweep or power wash the area.
- Take out your paint brush. Add a new coat of paint on window frames, deck/patio and entry way doors to spruce up your home.
- Get your garden ready! Ensure flower beds are clear of weeds and have colourful plants to highlight the exterior of your home.
- Remove unwanted pests. Check around your home for bees' and wasps' nests. Take the necessary precautions to remove them or if you’re unsure hire a professional.
- Change your outdoor lights. Add some elegant lighting to give your home a more sophisticated look.
- Decorate your front door. Add new kick plates, handles, locks and doorbells with a more stylish look.
- Make your entry way inviting. On your porch, add some planter boxes or urns with complimentary coloured flowers. Sweep away dust and lay down an inviting welcome mat.
Need more information? Please call or email me if you have any questions or if I can assist you with any of your real estate needs. I would be happy to help.