Need to De-clutter?
Have a Garage Sale.
Thinking of selling your home? One of the first tasks to get your home prepared is to de-clutter. Prospective buyers want a clean, inviting space to envision living in.
A great way to clear out the clutter is to have a garage sale. Not only will you organize your home but you can make some extra money in the process.
Here are some tips to having a successful garage sale:
- Advertise your sale. Use the local newspapers, free websites such as Kijiji and Craigslist and street signage (check your local municipality for specific by-laws and prohibited signage rules). Be sure to include the date, time, address and a brief overview of items for sale.
- Organize items. Use bins and tables. Arrange similar items together.
- Put a price tag on it! Don’t forget to leave room for bargaining because everyone loves to pay less!
- Ask for help. Recruit family and friends to help with the sale – make it a fun activity together!
- Be prepared for customers who may arrive early. Some customers may come early to get the best deals and most popular items.
- Have change on hand. Make sure you have a sufficient amount of coins and small bills.
- Communicate with your customers. Be friendly, kind and helpful.
Need more information? Please call or email me if you have any questions or if I can assist you with any of your real estate needs. I would be happy to help.