How To Prepare For Your Move
Planning on moving? There are some important steps to take after you sell your home.
Please see the list below for some helpful tips:
- Redirect your mail. For a small fee, fill out a form at the local post office to have all your mail redirected from your former address to your new address for a specified time frame.
- Change your address. Contact billing companies, licenses, health card, magazine subscriptions, government offices and all related organizations you deal with.
- Keep your breakables safe. Buy protective materials for your fragile items from any local hardware store.
- Get boxes. Take a trip to your local grocery or major retail outlets and ask them for any spare boxes. Most are willing to give away boxes for free!
- Decide if you want to hire professionals. If you don't have the time to pack or move yourself, hire a professional. Many professional movers offer packages where they pack your home and move it to your new location for a fee.
Need more information? Please call or email me if you have any questions or if I can assist you with any of your real estate needs. I would be happy to help.