How to Clean Out the Clutter Before you Move?
You've sold your home, now what do you do with all the stuff in it? This is your chance to clean out the clutter and get rid of the items you've collected over the years.
Below are some tips to help you clean out your home:
- Tackle room-by-room. Make a list in each room of what can stay and what needs to go.
- Set a realistic plan and timeframe to organize. Time your clean out at least a few months before you move.
- Give it away. Donate unused or unwanted items.
- Sell your furniture. If you have furniture you just don't want to throw out, consider having a garage sale, listing the items for sale in the paper or online or even offering to sell it to the new owners.
- Rent a storage unit. If you have large items you can't part with but want to still keep, consider renting a storage unit until you can figure out what to do with it all.
- File papers and bills. Many of us leave bills and papers in a stack. Purchase an inexpensive filing cabinet to keep everything neatly tucked away.
Need more information? Please call or email me if you have any questions or if I can assist you with any of your real estate needs. I would be happy to help.